tisdag 17 juni 2008

THE BEST AND ONLY REPORT FROM CANNES LION


After visiting over 14 hours of seminars about predicting the future I have found my source of information, sitting right next to me in the Palais de Congrés. In 90 seconds Johan Forsberg, our Chairman pointed out a couple of interesting paths which will be important for us brand builders. Get this uniqe short list and save € 2000 of seminar cost:

• Integrated advertising will sustain and dominate. Good mixture of strong identity, PR and events will do the trick!
• The distribution platform will be multiplatform which is mobile
• Content will more and more aggregate locally
• Ad-base on the web will increase, BUT the business model will multiply and possibility to charge niche products will grow.
• Personal brands. I’d rather choose my brand, my music, my interior decoration via word of mouth, via a person I trust and respect than via advertising. A person will be my filter for my choices of brands instead of an anonymous advertising.
And the most interesting reflection
• the brand will itself become a social platform and be its own media channel. Imagine IKEA not buying any media but creating its own social platform on the web.
If Johan is right (which he normally is) What will be the implication for traditional advertising? What will be the consequenses for design and branding agencies? Come and join us and see!

Inga kommentarer: