måndag 4 augusti 2008

It looks like a million bucks

R0015040.JPG

At a deli in Sandhamn I stumbled upon this bottle of water. My initial impression was that this product must be expensive, but it turns out it isn't.

Emotionally, it feels wasteful to indulge in such expensive water, but rationally I know it isn't expensive at all. So what is going on here?

I think that this is a good example of pricing as part of the design. And it feels like there is confusion in the product strategy. I would love to get my hands on the strategy document for this product, and especially the positioning statement. What are they trying to be? If they want to be high end, the price should reflect that strategy, just as the design does. If they want to be mid price, the design should reflect that.

I still love the design though.

Inga kommentarer: